COVID-19 Update: Click here for more info.
To our Abbey Pet Hospital family:
We hope that all of you and your families remain in good health and spirits. The health and well-being of your pets have and will always be what drives us each day. Amid the ever-changing concerns and safety recommendations surrounding COVID-19, we will regularly update our current protocols here.
**OUR LOBBY IS OPEN**
Masks are appreciated but no longer required. Curbside optional if preferred.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. If you check-in more than 10 minutes after your scheduled appointment time, we may need to reschedule your appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, COME ON IN! If curbside is preferred, please text us your pet’s information and stall number when you arrive.
- Option 1 – In-person exam:
- Shortly after check-in, a technician will escort you and your pet into the exam room.
- Once inside, they will take your pet’s weight/temp and ask brief intake questions.
- The veterinarian will come in for the physical exam.
- If any treatment or diagnostics are needed, the technicians will bring your pet to the treatment area or ask you to exit the room while these are performed in order to optimize social distancing.
- Option 2 – Curbside:
- Please wait outside/in your car for the duration of your pet’s appointment.
- A technician will call you for information about your pet’s reason for visit. It is recommended to bring a written list of your concerns to maximize the time you have with the doctor.
- The technician will meet you outside of your car to retrieve your pet and bring him/her into the hospital for the doctor’s exam.
- The veterinarian will come outside to discuss his/her examination findings and recommended treatment plan.
We ask if you or anyone in your family is not feeling well or may have been recently exposed to anyone with symptoms, please call to reschedule your appointment as soon as possible.
- If absolutely necessary, feel free to ask a symptom-free friend or family member to bring your pet in for you. Kindly let us know if this is the case; we will see what arrangements can be made so as to protect the rest of our clients and staff.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate the ‘new normal’ and want you to know that the safety and wellbeing of you, your pets, and our staff continue to be Abbey Pet Hospital’s top priority.
Serving El Cerrito, CA since 1958
Abbey Pet Hospital
Welcome to Abbey Pet Hospital
Our Veterinary Services
Our veterinary team at Abbey Pet Hospital is committed to keeping your pets healthy. Dr. Judd and associates work hard to ensure that your pets get the care they need to stay happy and healthy throughout their lives. We offer a wide variety of surgical, medical, and dental procedures and treat most illnesses and injuries.
About Abbey Pet Hospital
Our goal is to help pets live longer, healthier, and happier lives. We do this by maintaining an exceptional team of veterinarians and support staff that consistently provide high-quality medical care for pets and outstanding client education. We value this relationship, continued trust, and goodwill we establish with our clients.
Rescues We Support
At Abbey Pet Hospital, we love helping our community. Learn more about the rescues we support and how you can get involved!
Your Kind Words
“If there were 6 stars, that’s what I’d give Abbey Pet Hospital and most especially Dr Jennie Kim. The staff is wonderful too – helpful, friendly and very very caring. Dr Kim quite literally saved our beloved dogs life. We thought we were going to lose our darling cane corso pit mix, Othello to leptospirosis. But Dr Kim wouldn’t have it – it took a month but with her tenacity Othello now has a clean bill of health. My husband and I are so very grateful. Oh, and I forgot to say, Othello loves going to Abbey Pet Hospital now and he adores Dr Kim. We couldn’t be happier.”
“They have been taking very good care of my kitties. I’ve had a lot of emergencies with my challenging (risk-taking) 2 year old female cat. She’s already had one surgery (dog bite) and is scheduled for another procedure. They are incredibly responsive, caring and professional!”
“Aweome people and the owner is so friendly and very easy going. He makes you feel comfortable to leave your pet under his care and expertise. I highly recommend him.”